MikeC2909 MikeC2909 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lancashire
Default Invisible typing!!

Hi, I use Excel 2003 in Win 7. I use a workbook with multiple worksheets to maintain various records for a Scout Group. On only one sheet, I have suddenly found that, when I type anything into any of the cells (ie letters or numbers) the typing within the cell is invisible until I press Enter or move to another cell. As I type, I can see the narrative in the editing bar (above the columns). I wondered if anyone might advise me how to fix this? It looks as though I have inadvertently created some sort of formatting, but I'm blowed if I know how to correct things!

I have checked:

1 Font colour selection is black and definitely not white!
2 Cell formatting is fine - nothing sinister that I can see.
3 Sheet and book is unprotected (only I ever use it!)

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.

Mike