Junior Member

Default Drop-down calendar for sheet

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet that is anywhere up to a few thousand rowns long and I would like to enter a date from a calendar (rather than typing the actualy date) that would be in a dropdown attached to all the cells of a particular column. Is this possible?

I've tried to do a VBA calendar but I find that this option only allows me to select from the calendar for the length of the screen. After that, I need to select the cell I want to enter the date into, scroll back to the top and select a date from the calendar up there. Not ideal. I'd rather have each cell have its own dropdown option and the calendar be in there.

Added value to this function is as follows; sometimes we like to estimate dates ahead of the current date. An example is that today is the 17th October. I think that a shipment will be coming in on the 19th. If another shipment has arrived today, I would like the format of that one to be dd/mm/yyyy but anything that is estimated to be shown as just a number xx. In the example I have outlined, the shipment that has already arrived is 17/10/2013, while the other one will be entered simply as 19. That would be simply amazing if possible.

Looking for help!

Greg