Junior Member

Default Excel PMT Function Help

So im having some trouble doing this Excel spreadsheet. Mainly because im terrible with numbers and math. I kind of need step by step directions for somethings and this is one of them even though you guys may seem like this is a walk in the park. Im just having a little trouble with the damn PMT function.

If anyone could help me that would be fantastic! Anyways heres what the problem goes.

1. Your friend has made several visits to the doctors office in the past month and he has asked you to calculate what will be owed after the insurance has been paid. The insurance company usually takes a month to process a claim and your friend is hoping you can help figure the amount right away so he or she can plan ahead.

2. Date of Visit

2/4/2010
2/5/2010
2/11/2010
2/12/2010
2/15/2010
2/18/2010
2/19/2010
2/22/2010
2/25/2010
2/27/2010
2/28/2010

Doctor

Goodman
Goodman
Loman
Goodman
Loman
Loman
Loman
Walker
Walker
Loman
Goodman

Cost of Visit
$113.00
$145.00
$120.00
$110.00
$140.00
$175.00
$135.00
$215.00
$235.00
$120.00
$105.00

3. Your friend has a co-payment of $25.00 and insurance will pay 80% of the remaining cost. Creat a formula for each visit that will calculate the amount your friend will have to pay.

4. The insurance company is suppose to respond within 30 days of billing. The doctors off have said they will bill within 3 days of the visit. Add a column that will indicate the date the insurance company will respond for each visit.

END

The Date of Visit, Doctor, Cost of Visit are 3 separate columns. So like A1,B1,C1
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Harkins1721" wrote:
Im just having a little trouble with the damn PMT function.
If anyone could help me that would be fantastic!

Here's a hint: your homework assignment has nothing to do with the PMT
function.

Beyond that, you really should seek the aid of the class TA or instructor,
or a friend in the class.

--
Harkins1721

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"Harkins1721" wrote:
[...]

Well youd think since we spent the class on PMT functions we would have to use them.....at least thats what I thought haha. I figured it out though and thanks for the help. My teacher rushes through things and it ****es me off. Because im paying her to teach me and thats not what shes doing. I dont feel like failing a 1 credit course when im doing great in Chem and PreCalc.