Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When I Import an Access Table With an Excel Function in a Cell it Displays as Text not as a Function in Excel

Do a Find for "=" and Replace with "="

Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Rich" wrote in message
om...
I am importing data from Access to Excel using ODBC using excels "Get
External Data Function"

The last column in my access database contains the EXCEL function
=HYPERLINK("http://www.company.com","Company Name")

The function is properly built however when I import it in to excel it
comes in as text not as a function. Instead of seeing Company Name
with a hyperlink I see the full formula,
=HYPERLINK("http://www.company.com","Company Name"), in the box

I know the formula if right because if I click on the cell copy the
formula and paste it in to a new cell it formats properly as a
formula.

How can I get excel to treat these cells as a function when they are
first imported?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That looks the same to me.. Are you saying after I import just do a find
and replace on = so that it rebuilds the cells?
Or are you saying that I should make a change to my formula?

Thanks so much
Rich'