Junior Member

Default Excel Function Help

Hi - I need help with search/find specific letter in the column.
ex: Corp A FLR 12345
Corp B Floating 54r53
Corp d 12345 FLT
Co. ZZZ 45 FL

I want to search for FLR and or FLT and or FL and or Floating etc and return to me with what ever it find that falls in the criterials that has set. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:26:03 +0000 schrieb jrdng01:

Hi - I need help with search/find specific letter in the column.
ex: Corp A FLR 12345
Corp B Floating 54r53
Corp d 12345 FLT
Co. ZZZ 45 FL

I want to search for FLR and or FLT and or FL and or Floating etc and
return to me with what ever it find that falls in the criterials that
has set. Can someone shed some light?

try:
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("FL",A1)),MID(A1,FIND("FL",A1),3 ),IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Fl",A1)),MID(A1,FIND("Fl",A1), 9),""))
If you only want to know if one of the strings is in the cell:
=COUNT(SEARCH("FL",A1))
That will give you a 1 if the string is in the cell

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
[...]

Thank you Claus.
I will use the second function, the first function returns to me any characters that has "FL" ie: NFL this is not what I need! Thanks again :)