Junior Member

Default VLOOKUP Help

I need help with a lookup formula please!

I have a pivot table. In the table is a list of order numbers. On another sheet, I have the same list of order numbers and also the descriptions to each of them. What formula could I use on the pivot tab to get the order numbers to look up the descriptions for each one? Hope Im not too confusing. Thanks!
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chines706 View Post
I need help with a lookup formula please!

I have a pivot table. In the table is a list of order numbers. On another sheet, I have the same list of order numbers and also the descriptions to each of them. What formula could I use on the pivot tab to get the order numbers to look up the descriptions for each one? Hope Im not too confusing. Thanks!
Could you post an example workbook and highlight where you want the looked up results to show?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Could you post an example workbook and highlight where you want the looked up results to show?
I'm not sure how to post an example workbook. But here is an example:

WO Description
C04415 Perform maintenance
C02285 Rental equipment

This is the information I am trying to lookup on the pivot table. On the table, I have different WO numbers listed. I need a formula to pull in the description for each one. On a different sheet, I have the WO listed in one column and the description in the next column for each work order. Again, hope I am making sense. I just found this forum last week and it was very helpful. I am still trying to learn how to use it. I may not even need a VLOOKUP, im just guessing!

Thanks again!
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chines706 View Post
I'm not sure how to post an example workbook. But here is an example:

WO Description
C04415 Perform maintenance
C02285 Rental equipment

This is the information I am trying to lookup on the pivot table. On the table, I have different WO numbers listed. I need a formula to pull in the description for each one. On a different sheet, I have the WO listed in one column and the description in the next column for each work order. Again, hope I am making sense. I just found this forum last week and it was very helpful. I am still trying to learn how to use it. I may not even need a VLOOKUP, im just guessing!

Thanks again!
There's a button below the posts that says "manage attachments". You'll have to add the file to a .zip file before you can post it.

Or, if you'd prefer, email it to me on pubnut AT gmail DOT com (no spaces and swap the obvious) and I'll look at it from there.

It will make it FAR easier to explain.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:34:13 +0000, chines706
wrote:

I need help with a lookup formula please!

I have a pivot table. In the table is a list of order numbers. On
another sheet, I have the same list of order numbers and also the
descriptions to each of them. What formula could I use on the pivot tab
to get the order numbers to look up the descriptions for each one? Hope
Im not too confusing. Thanks!

Place that field into one of the 'tables' the pivot table references
to.
Make the lookup there.

You would then include that field's result in the pivot table, where
that cell column would be available for selection.