Junior Member

Default Lottery Check with Winnings

so I have this sheet that I'm working on in which it will highlight which numbers you've matched. My main problem that I am having is that I also want it to tell you how much you've won. Anybody care to look at it and see where the problem may be coming from.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lotto.zip (9.9 KB, 40 views)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldfghtrike View Post
so I have this sheet that I'm working on in which it will highlight which numbers you've matched. My main problem that I am having is that I also want it to tell you how much you've won. Anybody care to look at it and see where the problem may be coming from.
also, I should make it clear that I am referring to my "Winnings" column
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldfghtrike View Post
also, I should make it clear that I am referring to my "Winnings" column
Hi,

See attached.
Because the numbers showing how many matches (G5:H14) are generated by formulas, wrapping those references in VALUE() fixes the problem.

However, I've also included another worksheet that shows how I would do it personally. It involves one helper column that can be hidden and a MUCH shorter formula.

Hope that helps.

S :)
Attached Files
File Type: zip lotto.zip (12.9 KB, 49 views)
Junior Member

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,

See attached.
Because the numbers showing how many matches (G5:H14) are generated by formulas, wrapping those references in VALUE() fixes the problem.

However, I've also included another worksheet that shows how I would do it personally. It involves one helper column that can be hidden and a MUCH shorter formula.

Hope that helps.

S :)
Thanks for explaining that VALUE function, you made it do exactly what I wanted :D

Also, I looked at your formula, that is much easier, I also learned what vlookup does, that is one very helpful function

Thanks a lot for your help. :)
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sldfghtrike View Post
Thanks for explaining that VALUE function, you made it do exactly what I wanted :D

Also, I looked at your formula, that is much easier, I also learned what vlookup does, that is one very helpful function

Thanks a lot for your help. :)
Pleasure is all mine. Glad to help :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sldfghtrike wrote:
sldfghtrike;1604009 Wrote:
so I have this sheet that I'm working on in which it will highlight
which numbers you've matched. My main problem that I am having is that I
also want it to tell you how much you've won. Anybody care to look at it
and see where the problem may be coming from.

also, I should make it clear that I am referring to my "Winnings" column

This works for me as a conditional format,
=NOT(ISERROR(HLOOKUP(D6,B3:G3,1,FALSE)))

Insert appropriate cell locations and then pick your font color when the
condition is true.

HTH

check against a lottery database PAULGOR Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 December 8th 09 09:04 PM
Is there a template to double check Lottery scratcher tickets? lkn4bearbud Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 18th 09 08:08 AM
Lottery smason Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 13 August 21st 08 11:45 PM
Lottery check Ron New Users to Excel 13 September 15th 06 02:13 AM
how do i use excel to check my lottery numbers pat07734 Excel Programming 4 April 17th 05 07:02 PM