Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lottery

Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1 b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I think you need to explain a bit more. In most lotteries (I think) you only
pick 6 numbers. What do you want highlighting and where? How do we get to 4
rows of numbers or more from 6 numbers?

Mike

"smason" wrote:

Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1 b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

yes sorry

say i have the lotto numbers for that weeks draw i.e.
a1 b1 c1 d1 e1 f1
1 4 23 44 6 12

and these are my numbers each week that i want to check (same columns)
1 5 30 45 30 22
4 9 44 15 48 10
etc

i want my numbers to go red if they correspond with the drawn number

hope this helps

"smason" wrote:

Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1 b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select the 6 columns and as many rows as you have lines (Mine start in A4 so
change to suit) and then

Format|Conditional format
Select formula is and enter the formula
=COUNTIF($A$1:$F$1,A4)0
Pick a colour and OK.

Mike

"smason" wrote:

Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1 b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Counting the colours is possible but this is simpler. Put the formula at the
end of each row and drag down

=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(A4:F4,$A$1:$F$1,0)))

Mike

"smason" wrote:

Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1 b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is the way I did it when I played the Lotto where b5:f5 are the winners
and b6:f6 are your numbers.
Quit years ago. Suggest you do the same.

=IF(F6=0,"",SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(B6:F6,$B$5:$F$5)))
Then use conditional formatting cell value is between 4 & 6

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"smason" wrote in message
Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1
b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A bit shorter:

=OR(A2=$A$1:$E$1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"smason" wrote in message
Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1
b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more) highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I knew there must be an easier way! :-)
--
David Biddulph

"T. Valko" wrote in message
A bit shorter:

=OR(A2=$A$1:$E$1)

--

"smason" wrote in message
Hello

i want to create a spread where i input the 6 lottery number into say a1
b1
c1 etc
and have my list of lottery numbers (4 rows of numbers or more)
highlight
red (or what ever colour)

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is the way I did it when I played the Lotto
...<snip...
Quit years ago. Suggest you do the same.

ROTFLMAO

Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hellofawaytomakemoney
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Here is the way I did it when I played the Lotto
...<snip...
Quit years ago. Suggest you do the same.

ROTFLMAO

Rick

Lottery combinations Kobus Excel Worksheet Functions 16 May 19th 08 01:39 PM
Lottery Model KCG Excel Worksheet Functions 7 August 6th 07 09:00 PM
Lottery check Ron New Users to Excel 13 September 15th 06 02:13 AM
Lottery exercise Gary''s Student Excel Worksheet Functions 1 December 5th 05 07:20 PM
lottery drawing nmarenc Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 18th 05 06:23 AM