Junior Member

Default Help using the Workday Function

Good Morning

I am using the Workday function to calculate working days from a particular date. Currently I have =WORKDAY(H3,11,0) as my calculation. I want the workday function to look at multiple dates in multiple cells. Is that possible?

Currently my H3 date is 05/09/2012 and my 11 day work day date in cell E3 is 05/24/2012. I want to see the E3 cell reflect my new workdate if I was to enter a new date in cell I3, J3, K3 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Dgreen
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgreen419 View Post
Good Morning

I am using the Workday function to calculate working days from a particular date. Currently I have =WORKDAY(H3,11,0) as my calculation. I want the workday function to look at multiple dates in multiple cells. Is that possible?

Currently my H3 date is 05/09/2012 and my 11 day work day date in cell E3 is 05/24/2012. I want to see the E3 cell reflect my new workdate if I was to enter a new date in cell I3, J3, K3 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Dgreen
Could you post an example workbook? It makes it far easier to understand your requirement...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 24 May 2012 14:36:32 +0000, Dgreen419 wrote:

Good Morning

I am using the Workday function to calculate working days from a
particular date. Currently I have =WORKDAY(H3,11,0) as my calculation. I
want the workday function to look at multiple dates in multiple cells.
Is that possible?

Currently my H3 date is 05/09/2012 and my 11 day work day date in cell
E3 is 05/24/2012. I want to see the E3 cell reflect my new workdate if I
was to enter a new date in cell I3, J3, K3 and so on.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

--Dgreen

If I understand you correctly, you want to replace "H3" in your E3 formula with the rightmost date in the third row of your worksheet.
Depending on the version of Excel you have, and the precise setup of your worksheet, there are several ways to do this.

For example, if the only items to the right of H3 are dates (or text), then you could replace H3 with a formula like:

LOOKUP(2,1/ISNUMBER($H$3:$XFD$3),$H$3:$XFD$3)

or, in the complete formula:

=WORKDAY(LOOKUP(2,1/ISNUMBER($H$3:$XFD$3),$H$3:$XFD$3),11)

In earlier version of Excel than 2007, replace $XFD$3 with $IV$3.

If your worksheet setup is different, please provide more detail.