Junior Member

Location: Spain
Default Merging Book Lists That Are In Different Formats

Hi, I have been given a lot of free books for my Ereader but the index is in 2 different formats.

The first list is in this format:-

Book_Title - Author.Mobi

and the second is :-

Surname, Christian name - Title.Mobi

I'm running Excel 2010 but my knowledge is limited so please be gentle.

Is there any way I can combine these lists and check for duplications or even just split the list e.g. separate the Title from the author?

All help greatly appreciated, many thanks
Andy
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypix46 View Post
Hi, I have been given a lot of free books for my Ereader but the index is in 2 different formats.

The first list is in this format:-

Book_Title - Author.Mobi

and the second is :-

Surname, Christian name - Title.Mobi

I'm running Excel 2010 but my knowledge is limited so please be gentle.

Is there any way I can combine these lists and check for duplications or even just split the list e.g. separate the Title from the author?

All help greatly appreciated, many thanks
Andy
Hi Andy,
Have a look in the help function for details on "text to columns". This should make what you're trying to do a doddle.

Failing that, attach the lists and i'll help from there.

S.
Junior Member

Location: Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi Andy,
Have a look in the help function for details on "text to columns". This should make what you're trying to do a doddle.

Failing that, attach the lists and i'll help from there.

S.
Thanks for that, it was quite easy