Junior Member

Default Color a cell based on column date and row content

I have a big sheet with the names fo all our personnel at the beginning of a row. Each column is headed by consecutive dates. Each person goes along his or her row and places a character in the cells that correspond to the days of the year they are at work. I want to condition the first cell in each row, containing the person's name, to highlight on any day that the person is supposed to be at work so I can tell at a glance who is in. I know how to condition the column corresponding to today's date to highlight, but I don't know how to carry that to the first cell in a row based on whether or not there is a character in the cell of that row that is aligned under today's date. Can anyone out there give me any clever ideas?
Always grateful for expert advice
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton Edwards View Post
I have a big sheet with the names fo all our personnel at the beginning of a row. Each column is headed by consecutive dates. Each person goes along his or her row and places a character in the cells that correspond to the days of the year they are at work. I want to condition the first cell in each row, containing the person's name, to highlight on any day that the person is supposed to be at work so I can tell at a glance who is in. I know how to condition the column corresponding to today's date to highlight, but I don't know how to carry that to the first cell in a row based on whether or not there is a character in the cell of that row that is aligned under today's date. Can anyone out there give me any clever ideas?
Always grateful for expert advice

Dear Denton Edwards.

I did an example for you.
Itīs attached

Take a look and say if itīs work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 14-04-2012_Excelbanter_Help_From_Brazil.zip (3.5 KB, 42 views)
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzaropi View Post
Dear Denton Edwards.

I did an example for you.
Itīs attached

Take a look and say if itīs work for you.
That is exactly what I need! I appreciate the help so much.
Denton