-   -   Color a cell based on column date and row content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/445761-color-cell-based-column-date-row-content.html)

Denton Edwards

Color a cell based on column date and row content

I have a big sheet with the names fo all our personnel at the beginning of a row. Each column is headed by consecutive dates. Each person goes along his or her row and places a character in the cells that correspond to the days of the year they are at work. I want to condition the first cell in each row, containing the person's name, to highlight on any day that the person is supposed to be at work so I can tell at a glance who is in. I know how to condition the column corresponding to today's date to highlight, but I don't know how to carry that to the first cell in a row based on whether or not there is a character in the cell of that row that is aligned under today's date. Can anyone out there give me any clever ideas?
Always grateful for expert advice

Mazzaropi

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denton Edwards (Post 1600788)
I have a big sheet with the names fo all our personnel at the beginning of a row. Each column is headed by consecutive dates. Each person goes along his or her row and places a character in the cells that correspond to the days of the year they are at work. I want to condition the first cell in each row, containing the person's name, to highlight on any day that the person is supposed to be at work so I can tell at a glance who is in. I know how to condition the column corresponding to today's date to highlight, but I don't know how to carry that to the first cell in a row based on whether or not there is a character in the cell of that row that is aligned under today's date. Can anyone out there give me any clever ideas?
Always grateful for expert advice

Dear Denton Edwards.

I did an example for you.
Itīs attached

Take a look and say if itīs work for you.

Denton Edwards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazzaropi (Post 1600814)
Dear Denton Edwards.

I did an example for you.
Itīs attached

Take a look and say if itīs work for you.

That is exactly what I need! I appreciate the help so much.
Denton