Denton Edwards Denton Edwards is offline
Junior Member

Default Color a cell based on column date and row content

I have a big sheet with the names fo all our personnel at the beginning of a row. Each column is headed by consecutive dates. Each person goes along his or her row and places a character in the cells that correspond to the days of the year they are at work. I want to condition the first cell in each row, containing the person's name, to highlight on any day that the person is supposed to be at work so I can tell at a glance who is in. I know how to condition the column corresponding to today's date to highlight, but I don't know how to carry that to the first cell in a row based on whether or not there is a character in the cell of that row that is aligned under today's date. Can anyone out there give me any clever ideas?
Always grateful for expert advice