Junior Member

Default calculating payment terms "End of Month +30".

Hi All,

I am trying to have a formula that will calculate the due date on invoices that have payment terms "End of Month +30".

e.g. Invoice date May 7th, then the formule shoudl calculate 30 days from the end of May.

The invoice date is in the following format 07/05/2012.

I have been breaking my head over this. Please help.

Thanks.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: calculating payment terms "End of Month +30".

Calculating Due Date for Invoices with Payment Terms "End of Month +30"
  1. Convert the invoice date into the last day of the month using the EOMONTH function in Excel:

    Formula:
    =EOMONTH(A1,0
    Where A1 is the cell containing the invoice date.
  2. Add 30 days to the last day of the month:

    Formula:
    =EOMONTH(A1,0)+30
    Where A1 is the cell containing the invoice date.
  3. Check if the result falls on a weekend or a holiday and adjust the due date accordingly using the WORKDAY function in Excel:

    Formula:
    =WORKDAY(EOMONTH(A1,0)+30,1
    Where A1 is the cell containing the invoice date.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian74 View Post
Hi All,

I am trying to have a formula that will calculate the due date on invoices that have payment terms "End of Month +30".

e.g. Invoice date May 7th, then the formule shoudl calculate 30 days from the end of May.

The invoice date is in the following format 07/05/2012.

I have been breaking my head over this. Please help.

Thanks.
Hi,

Assuming you're using at least Excel 2007 and your date is in cell A2 you can use =EOMONTH(A2,0)+30

Obviously, change the A2 for whichever cell your date is really in.

Hope that helps.

S.
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer101 View Post
Hi,

Assuming you're using at least Excel 2007 and your date is in cell A2 you can use =EOMONTH(A2,0)+30

Obviously, change the A2 for whichever cell your date is really in.
Hi Spencer,

Thank you very much!
you solved my problem