shaunvfx

Default HELP!! Linked Cells

Hi everyone I have spent several hours trying to figure out a way to
link cells together. Here is basically what I am trying to achieve.

I have a master sheet with many categories. I have filtered sheets
that I basically want to use to reference data from the master as well
as update information to the master.

So basically if I had cell A1 on the master sheet and cell E5 on
another, I want the two cells to be treated as one, If I change
something in A1 I want it to change on E5 and if I change it on E5 I
want it changed on A1, does anyone understand what I am trying to
achieve!?

This is my biggest holdback on my current project, any help will be
greatly appreciated.

-Shaun

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896

shaunvfx

*BUMP* Pls Help!

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401189

shaunvfx

*bump* Need Advice pls

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401189

Duke Carey

Links are ONE WAY. You can have E5 reflect changes in A1. *OR* you can have
A1 reflect changes in E5. But you can't do both, at least not with formulas.

You can do that with VBA code that is triggered when a change is made to the
worksheet. If that's the route you want to follow, post back with some
greater detail and people will try to help

"shaunvfx" wrote:

[...]

shaunvfx

Basically I am setting up a scheduling system using excel. I have
thought about using access but the main function of this system is for
it to be visually communicative.

I am scheduling for for designers in different territories... I want to
be able to schedule these designers by territory and by the master
sheet, the problem is, is that all the designers have 2 territories
they service and they are all different.

My idea was to set up a master sheet with all the designers information
so that I can look at the data that way, and I also wanted to set up
sheets per territory that would also display the same schedule for the
designer just in a less visually complex way.

So say I have 5 territories and 20 designers. I want 6 sheets, 1
master and one for each territory.

I want to be able to enter information in any of the fields per
designer whether that designer services 1-3 territories.... so
basically I want to be able to schedule someone in 3 or more different
cells on different sheets but have them all linked together.

Is this possible and can someone give me some advice as to how I would
do this?

-Shaun

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401189

shaunvfx

**Bump** Pls

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401189

shaunvfx

Bump Pls Help

--
shaunvfx
shaunvfx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26896
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401189

shaunvfx

Does anyone know anything about this? I'm losing hope :(