Mr Harlow

Default Can I sum only highlighted cells in a worksheet?

I have a long worksheet with randomly highlight cells which I wish to
seperately sum. Is there a way to do this without the tedious job of
selecting them all?
Duke Carey

See if one of these links helps you

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

"Mr Harlow" wrote:

I have a long worksheet with randomly highlight cells which I wish to
seperately sum. Is there a way to do this without the tedious job of
selecting them all?

Gord Dibben

Mr Harlow

Depends on how the cells became colored.

If by using Conditional Formatting, count using the same conditions.

If not by CF you will need VBA code to count by color. See Chip Pearson's
site at

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP