SteveD

Default Can Excel operate a function based on a true or false result?

Can anyone help me to solve this problem. I have data in two columns and wish
to return a result depending on the contents of the two columns being true.

i.e. Column A contains 'Lab', 'Mats' or 'Stock' column B contains a
numerical value, what I wish to achieve is if A contains 'Lab' and B contains
a specific numerical value then a seperate alpha value will be entered in
column C.

The specific values can be listed in a seperate table if needs be.

I'm not sure if this double function is possible in Excel and would
appreciate any help you can give me
StinkeyPete

In cloumn C use this formula:

=IF(AND(A1="Lab",B1=x),"alpha value","")

x = specific numerical value