kpekarek

Default Conditional Formating

I am tring to use the conditional formating to change the colour of a cell
depending on the value.
For exemple I want the value in A1 to turn green if the value is greater
than the value in B1 by 10 or more. And I wan the value to turn red if the
value is less then 10 or more.
I want to do this for the entire spreadsheet without having to enter in the
formula into each individual cell. Is there a way to do that?

confused

Hiya,
If you pick the top left hand square (the grey border square between the A
and the 1) then this will 'select the whole sheet and you can then perform a
number of formatting on the whole sheet as opposed to just 1 cell.
Once you have selected the whole sheet in this way, just go to format -
conditional formatting and set the conditional formatting as usual.

cheers
If you pick the

"kpekarek" wrote:

I am tring to use the conditional formating to change the colour of a cell
depending on the value.
For exemple I want the value in A1 to turn green if the value is greater
than the value in B1 by 10 or more. And I wan the value to turn red if the
value is less then 10 or more.
I want to do this for the entire spreadsheet without having to enter in the
formula into each individual cell. Is there a way to do that?

DaveB

Are you asking for the formula to use or did 'confused' answer your question?

If you need the formula, here it is:

Select A1, and go into conditional formatting. For the first condition enter:

=IF(A1-B110,TRUE,FALSE)

Then make the formatting green.

For condition 2 write this formula:

=IF(A1-B1<10,TRUE,FALSE)

Then make this formatting red.

I'm not sure what you want to happen if A1-B1=10, but you can make the
necessary changes in the formula.

DavidB