Bob the Builder

Default Can I HIDE cells with a conditional argument?

I am trying to develop a worksheet that automatically hides cells based on
conditional arguments. I am a home builder who is revamping my price quoting
system. For example, if a customer decides that they want painted pine
woodwork in their home, I want all the rows of cells displaying descriptions
and price of oak woodwork to hide. I don't want them to be deleted, because
I want them to reappear if the customer changes their mind and wants
something different.
Peter W S

There may be something a little easier than that, depends if you wish to use
rows or columns to hide.

If you wish to hide rows then I suggest that you use the following ...

Ensure that the header row has been highlighted with the cursor beforehand
and also ensure that there are no spaces between the rows and then
From the menu select Data / Filter / AutoFilter

Then you can select whatever is in the culls below from a selection of
dropdowns, not just one

Will mail a demo if you wish

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Bob! I thought you were just some TV character...hmm... :)
Yes. Put a dropdown in a cell somewhere that has the choice for Painted or
Unpainted or whatever.
Then, do an =if(a2="Painted","","whatever the cells says when it's oak")
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Bob the Builder" <Bob the wrote in
message ...