Anne Troy

Bob! I thought you were just some TV character...hmm... :)
Yes. Put a dropdown in a cell somewhere that has the choice for Painted or
Unpainted or whatever.
Then, do an =if(a2="Painted","","whatever the cells says when it's oak")
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Bob the Builder" <Bob the wrote in
message ...
I am trying to develop a worksheet that automatically hides cells based on
conditional arguments. I am a home builder who is revamping my price

quoting
system. For example, if a customer decides that they want painted pine
woodwork in their home, I want all the rows of cells displaying

descriptions
and price of oak woodwork to hide. I don't want them to be deleted,

because
I want them to reappear if the customer changes their mind and wants
something different.