Mic Kenney

Default Printing of cells in Excel with conditional equations?

How do I suppress printing of cells in Excel that have a conditional equation
in the cell and appear as blanks in the worksheet, but when I print I get a
blank label. I am setting this up for a user and I don't want them to have
to highlight the cells and then use SELECTION in the print parameters?
Dave Peterson

Can you pick out a column that always has data when the row should be
printed--and is always blank when the row should not be printed?

If yes, then I'd apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range/column.

Filter to show just the non-blanks and then print, then data|filter|showall to
get it back to show all the data.

======
Saved from a previous post:

Another approach...

Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!LastRow
Use this formula
Refers to: =LOOKUP(2,1/(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000<""),ROW(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000) )

(Make that 1000 big enough to extend past the last possible row.)

Then once mo
Insert|Name|Define
Names in workbook: Sheet1!Print_Area
Use this formula
Refers to: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,lastRow,3)

That last 3 represents the last column to print (A:C in my example).

And change the worksheet (sheet1) if necessary (in all the places).

--

Dave Peterson