cld6700

Default Can't get an Excel spreadshe doc. to export into Oultook Contacts

I'm a beginner when it comes to the import/export function. I have been
trying without success to export an Excel worksheet doc. into Outlook
Contacts. The document contains a long list of client contact information.
Everytime I reach the import into Outlook section I get a message stating:
"ODBC error, an error has occurred in the Microsoft Excel translator while
gettng the contents of a file system. It also states that my "file has no
named ranges, use Microsoft Excel to name the range or data you want to
import -- how do I do this? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Ron de Bruin

Hi

Read this from Gord dibben
*********************

This is how I do it.

The basics........Your layout may differ. Instructions here are for Name and
Email address only, but adjust to suit for more columns.

First have the names and email addresses in Excel in two columns.

I set up also a third column with the names duplicated so when you Import to
Outlook you have a name for the Contact and a Display Name instead of the
email address in the To: box.

FileSave AsFile Type CSV(comma delimited)(*.csv)

Click "Yes" when you get the messages about losing formats and "are you sure"?

Close the file.

Now open Outlook and FileImport/ExportImport from another fileComma
Separated Values(Windows)NextFile to Import(you can browse to your saved
*.csv file). Next you will be asked where to import them to. I bring mine to
"Contacts".

Follow the instructions and you will get a Map. Drag your names and addresses
to the appropriate spots on the Map

1. Name of Contact
2. Email address1
3. Display Name(if you have one by making the duplicate column mentioned
earlier). If not, the email address wil be displayed in the To: box.

Continue with the OK's until Outlook pulls all from the *.csv file(should take
only a few seconds).

Now they are in the Contacts folder, you can group them as you wish.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl