Robert1105

Default How do I export Excel in a semi-colon delimited format?

I would like to export an Excel worksheet in a semi-colon delimited format
instead of a comma delimited format. Is that possible?
Gord Dibben

See Chip[ Pearson';s site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm#Export

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 6 May 2005 14:28:12 -0700, "Robert1105"
wrote:

I would like to export an Excel worksheet in a semi-colon delimited format
instead of a comma delimited format. Is that possible?

Earl Kiosterud

Robert,

Try the Text Write Program at www.smokeylake.com/excel. Put a semicolon in
the Field Delimiter field on the setup sheet. Then go to your sheet, press
Ctrl-Shift-W, and let 'er rip.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Robert1105" wrote in message
I would like to export an Excel worksheet in a semi-colon delimited format
instead of a comma delimited format. Is that possible?

Total Hosting 1

Hi Earl

Great job. Two things that would be great, if I may.

1) I like the browse button, but that is for opening a program. You might
want to label it as such. I was looking for a way to change the folder the
file saves in. Which, due to proximity, was what I expected. You should put a
mention in that the output is saved relative to your file, not the source.

2) I would like to have delimiters around empty cells in rows. It would be
nice, especially if you define an explicit area for export. Some rows have
all columns filled, others do not. I see that it puts in delims if there is a
non-empty cell a few columns over to the right. The other idea would be for
the macro to scan the worksheet, determine the right-most column used and
then rip the sheet.

Thanks

Pete