Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sliding Scale

Is there anyway to make a sliding scale for an instance like this:
Lets say I have a bunch of numbers, lets just say they are insurance
quotes. I want to add a sliding scale with numbers like .80, .85, .
90, .95 to see how ALL the quotes would change if these discounts
were applied OR have the sliding scale attached to only a certain
range of cells so that I could see how prices would differ if I
applied different discount levels to different cells. Basically I want
to manipulate my numbers with the help of a sliding scale. Help please!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suggest you load the Solver Add-in.

That is its function.

Gord

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 18:03:15 -0800 (PST), Cory Tilton
wrote:

Is there anyway to make a sliding scale for an instance like this:
Lets say I have a bunch of numbers, lets just say they are insurance
quotes. I want to add a sliding scale with numbers like .80, .85, .
90, .95 to see how ALL the quotes would change if these discounts
were applied OR have the sliding scale attached to only a certain
range of cells so that I could see how prices would differ if I
applied different discount levels to different cells. Basically I want
to manipulate my numbers with the help of a sliding scale. Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

wrote:
Is there anyway to make a sliding scale for an instance like this:
Lets say I have a bunch of numbers, lets just say they are insurance
quotes. I want to add a sliding scale with numbers like .80, .85, .
90, .95 to see how ALL *the quotes would change if these discounts
were applied OR have the sliding scale attached to only a certain
range of cells so that I could see how prices would differ if I
applied different discount levels to different cells. Basically I want
to manipulate my numbers with the help of a sliding scale. Help please!

Thanks, Can you give an example of how to use this function?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can anyone help me with an example of how to use this function
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi Cory,

Here is an example:

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/...xcelSolver.pdf

--
isabelle

Le 2012-01-29 22:56, Cory Tilton a écrit :
Can anyone help me with an example of how to use this function

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Many examples can be found in Excel Help under Solver

Bazillions of on-line hits when you do a search for Excel Solver.

Gord