Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Calculate Sliding Scale Calculation

I need to be able to calculate a commission as follows:

Total Amount=$500
Total Commission (0-$100, 5%)+($101-399, 10%)+($400, 15%)

This would calculate a different percentage for each of the ranges
above and then add them together. I hope I'm making myself clear
because I'm confused just writing this.

It seems like there should be a very easy way to do this in Excel.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy