Jim

Default Adding times

Hello,

Trying to add 15 minutes to an existing time, for example; A1 has 7:45 PM.
B1 I am wanting show 8:00 by using the formula -A1=15. The result is 7:45
PM. The time is not changing. How do I write this formula?

Thanks

KL

Hi Jim,

Try this:

=A1+15/24/60

or

=A1+15/1440

Regards,
KL

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

Trying to add 15 minutes to an existing time, for example; A1 has 7:45 PM.
B1 I am wanting show 8:00 by using the formula -A1=15. The result is 7:45
PM. The time is not changing. How do I write this formula?

Thanks

Fred Smith

You can also put the time in quotes in a formula. I find this easier to follow
because it allows me to use hh:mm:ss notation. EG:

=a1+"00:15:00"

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"KL" wrote in message