rvnwdr

Default help neede with adding times

Hi,

I am needing help adding a column of time.

I have one column - column c addin up the difference between times. If
nothing is entered in a & b then the column displays 0:00. This is
giving me a value of 24 hrs instead of being zero. The problem comes
in when I add up column c. It is taking the values plus the 0:00 (as
24) and adding all of these values.

ex: one entry is 12, one entry is 6, one entry is 0:00
the total that is computed is 42 and not 18

I would need the 0:00 to remain as 0:00. Can anyone help me with this?

--
rvnwdr
rvnwdr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23903

JE McGimpsey

Since XL stores times as fractional days, the only way that "0:00" could
be interpreted as 24 hours is if the difference between A and B is equal
to 1. Are you sure that there's nothing entered in those cells?

Alternatively, since the default time format "rolls over" at 24 hours,
are you sure that your 12:00 is really 12 hours, not 36? or your 6:00 is
really 6 hours, not 30?