Default Adding times together

Hi

I need to add times together, i.e. 6:30, 5:30, 5:00 etc to get and answer of
17 hours

Can someone help me with the formula please.

Thanks
Yvonne
Bob Phillips

Yvonne,

Just add them, and format the result cell as time. Time is just a fractional
number in Excel, and it is the display for mat that makes it look like time.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
Hi

I need to add times together, i.e. 6:30, 5:30, 5:00 etc to get and answer

of
17 hours

Can someone help me with the formula please.

Thanks
Yvonne

Max

If you enter the 3 times: 6:30, 5:30, 5:00 in say A1:A3
you could put in say, A4: =SUM(A1:A3)

Format A4 as Custom, Type: [h]:mm
to enable rollover of hours beyond 24
(with square brackets around the "h")