Juco

Default adding total business....how to?

I have 3 columns for each month...
column A name
column B invoice number
column C value (£s)
Then column D,E,F for the next month and so on for 12 months
In each month a name may appear several times and over the year
quite a few times in the various months/columns.

Is there an easy way to find out the value of a given Name and the total
value for the year for that name?
All the columns are on one sheet of a workbook.

Thanks

Jay Villars via OfficeKB.com

Mr. Ogilvy,
I have been searching for the same solution...somewhat.
Could you please help me.
On A1, I have an excel list - "Contries" (dropdown or list.
On B1 another list with "Type of Shipping" also as a dropdown choice.
On the C1 cell the result to autopopulate, according to the A1+B1 choices.
(The lists for A1 and B1 are aquired from within the same worksheet)
EXAMPLE.
A1 "countries" = Italy, France, England.
B1 "Types of Shipping" = Overnight $20.00, Two-Day $10.00, Snail $3.50
VALUES FOR THE B1 DEPENDING ON THE CHOICE OF A1 COUNTRY of destination.(Italy + Snail($3.50))= C1 $3.50 | For (England + Snail ($5.30)= C1 $5.30
I thank you in advance for any consideration on my quest.
Janvier