Robin

Default ADDING SUM TOTAL OF MORE THAN 30 CELLS IN A COLUMN TOGETHER - WON.

I am not able to add more than 30 cells in a column and need to add at least
70 - what do I do?
Don Guillett

will this work for you?
=sum(a1:a100000)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Robin" wrote in message
I am not able to add more than 30 cells in a column and need to add at

least
70 - what do I do?

Peo Sjoblom

You can add much more than that, if indded you are using non adjacent cells
like

=SUM(A1,B3,C4 etc)

then you can use 30, then another 30 like

=SUM((1,3,5,...........,30),next_30 etc))

just use extra parenthesis or select 30 cell and name them batch1, select
next 30 and name then batch2 etc

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Robin" wrote:

I am not able to add more than 30 cells in a column and need to add at least
70 - what do I do?

Art

Peo,

I was browsing through and saw your answer -- I did not know there was a 30
item limit. I tried it and found something else. If I do this:
=sum((a1,a2, etc. )) it seems to work for more than 30 items. That is, just
doubling the parentheses. I did this accidentally while following your
suggestion. Do you know if this will generally work?

Art