MichaelG

Default I have had difficulty in creating user defined functions in Excel

I have been using the Wrox Excel VBA 200 book.

When I create a user defined function for use in Excel Workbook (ie typing
the function directly into the cell), I get an error message name #Name? when
I enter the function into a cell.

This happens even when I am copying examples directrly from the book.

Clearly I am doing something wrong but what is it
DerbyJim1978

Michael,

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago... Have you tried going into tools -
Add Ins - Analysis toolpak?

Jim

"MichaelG" wrote:

I have been using the Wrox Excel VBA 200 book.

When I create a user defined function for use in Excel Workbook (ie typing
the function directly into the cell), I get an error message name #Name? when
I enter the function into a cell.

This happens even when I am copying examples directrly from the book.

Clearly I am doing something wrong but what is it

Niek Otten

Did you type or copy the functions into a Standard Module? It should not be
in a Worksheet, Claas or any other Module

In the VB Editor: InsertModule. Enter your function there.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel