hjyoungii

Default I have user defined functions in sprdsheet. I want to put sprdsh.

I created a spreadsheet for someone that contains user defined functions.
However, when I sent him the spreadsheet, the functions are not available.
How do I get them to him?
Fredrik Wahlgren

"hjyoungii" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet for someone that contains user defined functions.
However, when I sent him the spreadsheet, the functions are not available.
How do I get them to him?

You have probably sent the wrong file. Open it and do a save as under C:\ ,
that makes it easy to find.

/Fredrik

Harlan Grove

hjyoungii wrote...
I created a spreadsheet for someone that contains user defined

functions.
However, when I sent him the spreadsheet, the functions are not

available.
How do I get them to him?

Do you mean the formulas using your udfs return #NAME? errors when this
other person uses your workbook? If so, udfs are considered the same as
macros by Excel macro security. If this user has macro security set to
High or Medium and chooses not to activate macros in your workbook,
then it will seem as if your udfs do not exist.

What is your user's macro security setting? What formula results is
this user seeing? When your user opens your workbook, does Excel
display a dialog stating that it has disabled macros or prompting the
user to enable or disable macros? If the latter, is the user enabling
or disabling macros?

hjyoungii

I have been unable to check today. I will be looking at the issue most
likely Monday. I was wandering if the security might be an issue.

I did try the save under a different name as the previous person suggested
at the time of the original problem.

I have also thought I might be able to import my modules into the
spreadsheet. I will however check the security issue 1st.

Thank you for your help

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

hjyoungii wrote...
I created a spreadsheet for someone that contains user defined

functions.
However, when I sent him the spreadsheet, the functions are not

available.
How do I get them to him?

Do you mean the formulas using your udfs return #NAME? errors when this
other person uses your workbook? If so, udfs are considered the same as
macros by Excel macro security. If this user has macro security set to
High or Medium and chooses not to activate macros in your workbook,
then it will seem as if your udfs do not exist.

What is your user's macro security setting? What formula results is
this user seeing? When your user opens your workbook, does Excel
display a dialog stating that it has disabled macros or prompting the
user to enable or disable macros? If the latter, is the user enabling
or disabling macros?

Gord Dibben

Copy the UDF's from the workbook which contains them and paste them into a
module in the workbook you are sending.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP