Alex H

Default Syntax problem

Hi,

I need some help with some syntax please - hoipe I can explain it clearly.

Sheet2 has data from an Access query. In each row of ColumnA we have a
month and year eg Aug-04. In Column B of the same row, we have a numeric
value for the month. eg Sheet2!A4 = Aug-04 and Sheet2!B4 = 102

Sheet1 ColumnA contains rows which also contain the month and year. eg
Sheet1A59 = Aug-04.

In Sheet1C59, I would need need to place the value from Sheet2!ColumnB, ie
102

Is this possible please?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

ScottO

Try putting this formula into cell Sheet1C59 ...

=INDEX(SHEET2!$B:$B,MATCH($A59,SHEET2!$A:$A,0))

Rgds,
ScottO