Jeff Brown

Default Excel won't fill formulas

Hi,
When I create a formula in a cell, then use the fill handle to copy the
formula down a column, the formula uses the data from the original cells
referenced instead of the cells in the rows down from the original cell. And
the weird thing is, when I click on one of the filled cells, the formula
shows up correctly. Example, in Cell I2 I created CONCATENATE G2,H2 and
pulled down to fill down to row 52. Row 52 shows CONCATENATE G52,H52, but
the data is from cells G2 and H2. Strange.
Anne Troy

Doesn't sound strange to me at all, Jeff...that is, if you have Calculation
set to manual. :)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
When I create a formula in a cell, then use the fill handle to copy the
formula down a column, the formula uses the data from the original cells
referenced instead of the cells in the rows down from the original cell.

And
the weird thing is, when I click on one of the filled cells, the formula
shows up correctly. Example, in Cell I2 I created CONCATENATE G2,H2 and
pulled down to fill down to row 52. Row 52 shows CONCATENATE G52,H52, but
the data is from cells G2 and H2. Strange.

Jeff Brown

well, that did the trick. I wonder how that got switched? Never happened to
me before.
Thanks very much!
Jeff

"Jeff Brown" wrote in message
When I create a formula in a cell, then use the fill handle to copy the
formula down a column, the formula uses the data from the original cells
referenced instead of the cells in the rows down from the original cell.

And
the weird thing is, when I click on one of the filled cells, the formula
shows up correctly. Example, in Cell I2 I created CONCATENATE G2,H2 and
pulled down to fill down to row 52. Row 52 shows CONCATENATE G52,H52, but
the data is from cells G2 and H2. Strange.

Anne Troy

You're welcome, Jeff!
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com