miwarren

Default SumIf help needed plz...

Here is my issue.

I am using this formula to search a linked sheet to confirm that an
account is older than 120 days and sum the balance on those accounts.
Works great, except one problem as of tomorrow the number for the
current date is no longer accurate therefore the 120 days isn't
accurate.

=SUMIF('[Account 2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<38410",'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

So then I came up with this solution:

=SUMIF('[Account 2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<(TODAY-120)",'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

This gives me $0.00 everytime. I tested the today-120 formula by
itself and it works fine. Not sure if the problem is the order of the
operation or some sort of loop problem. If this is not the correct
resolution does anyone have any ideas.

I also did the date calculation in a seperate cell and did a formula to
point at that cell i.e. <J2 but it didn't work either.

Thanks for your help.

Mike W.
Nashville

--
miwarren
miwarren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24682

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF('[Account
2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<"&(TODAY()-120),'[Account2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"miwarren" wrote in
message ...

[...]

bj

try
=SUMIF('[Account 2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<" & datevalue(today()) &
"-90",'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

"miwarren" wrote:

[...]

miwarren

I did as you said Bob and it worked, *if* the workbook that contained
the source was open. I had this problem earlier because it wouldn't
pull the linked data unless you opened the source document. So I
created a macro that would open and close all documents that were
linked to the summary document therefore loading the linked content.
That was the fix I was using and it worked with the first formula that
I posted. Well, in the cells that I used the formula you suggested it
would load the data as long as the source was open but as soon as the
source was closed it went back to #VALUE!. ugh... Any suggestions???
I really do appreciate your help and patience. It is starting to
overwhelm me.

--
miwarren
miwarren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24682
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382550

Bob Phillips

Your solution is a bit drastic <G

I should have realised that problem and given you a formula that would last
the closed workbooks. Try this instead

=SUMPRODUCT(--('[Account
2005.xls]June'!$A1:$A1000<"TODAY()-120),'[Account2005.xls]June'!$C1:$C1000)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"miwarren" wrote in
message ...

[...]

miwarren

I entered it like this and now I get a #NUM! error message. Any other
help you can provide?

=SUMPRODUCT('[Account 2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<"&TODAY()-120,'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

Thanks again!!!

--
miwarren
miwarren's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24682
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382550

Domenic

Try...

=SUMPRODUCT(--('[Account
2005.xls]June'!$A$2:$A$65536<TOTAY()-120),'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C$2:$C$65536)

Note that SUMPRODUCT does not allow whole column references. But you
can use 'near' whole column references, as per above formula.

Hope this helps!

miwarren Wrote:
I entered it like this and now I get a #NUM! error message. Any other
help you can provide?

=SUMPRODUCT('[Account 2005.xls]June'!$A:$A,"<"&TODAY()-120,'[Account
2005.xls]June'!$C:$C)

Thanks again!!!

--
Domenic
Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10785
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=382550

Bob Phillips

Sorry, clumsiness. SUMPRODUCT only works on part of a column, not the whole
column, so try

=SUMPRODUCT('[Account
2005.xls]June'!$A1:$A1000,"<"&TODAY()-120,'[Account2005.xls]June'!$C1:$C1000
)

or howver many rows that you have.

--
HTH