Phillycheese5

Default Compare List and Show Mismatched

I know Access has solutions, but it would help my cause if I could
compare 2 lists of text and show the mismatches in XL.
Any help would be great...
Phillycheese5

--
Phillycheese5
Phillycheese5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24196

greg7468

assuming your first list is in A1:A100
and your second list is in B1:B100

in C1 put this formula

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,B1)0,"match","")

drag this down column C

HTH

--
greg7468

greg7468's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9031
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381236

Phillycheese5

Greg, thanks for the help...I'll give it a try

--
Phillycheese5
Phillycheese5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24196
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=381236

MrShorty

HEre's how I might do it. Details depend on what you want to do with
matches/mismatches:

Assuming your lists are in columns A and B, in C1 place formula =A1=B1.
Returns TRUE if A and B match, returns FALSE if they don't. Copy
formula down column C.
To show if the lists match exactly D1=AND(C1:C10000)
To count the number of mismatches D2=COUNTIF(C1:C10000, FALSE)
You could also use Autofilter/conditional formatting to highlight
and/or display the mismatches.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181