David F

Default The 'Recently used file list' does not show up under the 'File' menu.

And yes, I did check the 'Recently used file list' box in
Tools-Options-General Tab
and I did specified 9 files...
This feature is common to all Office products and indeed it works with them.

Thanks,
David

Dana DeLouis

Are you running Tweak UI?

"Most recently used" list missing from File menu...

HTH :)
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"David F" wrote in message
And yes, I did check the 'Recently used file list' box in
Tools-Options-General Tab
and I did specified 9 files...
This feature is common to all Office products and indeed it works with
them.

Thanks,
David

Gord Dibben

Did you read the article Dana provided a link to?

Explains TweakUI and your problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"David F" wrote in message
And yes, I did check the 'Recently used file list' box in
Tools-Options-General Tab
and I did specified 9 files...
This feature is common to all Office products and indeed it works with
them.

Thanks,
David

Bob Raines

My problem with the above heading is the list does not show in Excel but is
shown in Word.

I did have Tweak-XP Pro on my computer but was uninstalled some time ago, I
have just noticed in windows explorer a folder with a file of a registry back
up in it.

Also when I press the start button and check "my recent documents", is empty
if I have shut domn the computer for a day.

Is there a fix for my problem!!

Bob Raines