phil6666

Default "Recently Used File List"

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?
Bob Phillips

You could remove then. Here is code showing how to get at it

Dim i As Long
For i = 0 To Application.RecentFiles.Count
i = i + 1
If Application.RecentFiles(i).Name = "ABC.xls" Then
Application.RecentFiles(i).Delete
End If
Next i

But don't forget, some items in the list will be just the file name, some
will include the path

--

HTH

RP

"phil6666" wrote in message

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?

tina

Hi
you can set recently viewed files to zero
Tools options then general tab
Tina
"phil6666" wrote:

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?

Andy

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?

This one removes the first file (the second line puts the maximum back
to 9 files, which seemed to be required if I deleted all the files in
the list). Change the (1) if you want to delete other than the most
recent file.

Sub DelMRU()
Application.RecentFiles(1).Delete
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 9
End Sub

This one puts the current file back on the list.

Sub AddCurFileToMRU()
Application.RecentFiles.Add Name:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

I have a button for each on my toolbar.

phil6666

This sounds like just what I need, but don't know how to add a button
to the toolbar other than those that are already available with
TOOLSCUSTOMIZE.

Could you point me in the right direction in MS Help?

thnx

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:45:36 GMT, Andy wrote:

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?

This one removes the first file (the second line puts the maximum back
to 9 files, which seemed to be required if I deleted all the files in
the list). Change the (1) if you want to delete other than the most
recent file.

Sub DelMRU()
Application.RecentFiles(1).Delete
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 9
End Sub

This one puts the current file back on the list.

Sub AddCurFileToMRU()
Application.RecentFiles.Add Name:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

I have a button for each on my toolbar.

Andy

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag the Custom Button (yellow smiley face) to your toolbar, right
click on it, assign macro (you have to have a worksheet open so the
assign macro dialog box comes up). Right clicking on the button while
the ToolsCustomize dialog box is open will also give you some other
options (like changing the smiley face).

phil6666

I followed Excel "help" and copy/pasted exactly what you wrote & it
works perfectly!!!

Now, if I only had a minimal clue what macros really can do.......

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:58:47 GMT, Andy wrote:

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag the Custom Button (yellow smiley face) to your toolbar, right
click on it, assign macro (you have to have a worksheet open so the
assign macro dialog box comes up). Right clicking on the button while
the ToolsCustomize dialog box is open will also give you some other
options (like changing the smiley face).

Andy

Glad it worked.

Now, if I only had a minimal clue what macros really can do.......

Almost anything. I've barely scratched the surface!

phil6666

OK....now Excel doesn't want me to use the macro because the digital
signature that I wrote isn't in the trusted root certification
authorities store.

How do I do that???

thnx

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:25:19 -0500, phil6666
wrote:

I followed Excel "help" and copy/pasted exactly what you wrote & it
works perfectly!!!

Now, if I only had a minimal clue what macros really can do.......

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:58:47 GMT, Andy wrote:

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag the Custom Button (yellow smiley face) to your toolbar, right
click on it, assign macro (you have to have a worksheet open so the
assign macro dialog box comes up). Right clicking on the button while
the ToolsCustomize dialog box is open will also give you some other
options (like changing the smiley face).

Gord Dibben

Phil

Did you use the SelfCert program to "write" the certificate?

If so, you shouldn't need to store in the Trusted Root folder.

Try this.......with your workbook open, ALT + F11 to go to VBE.

Select your workbook/project and ToolsDigital CertificatesChoose.

Select the DC you created and OK.

Save/Close your workbook.

Re-open. You may get a question about "Trusting from this source" click "yes"
to always trust.

If no joy, post back and I'll explain how to move the selfcert DC to the
Trusted Root folder.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

wrote:

I followed Excel "help" and copy/pasted exactly what you wrote & it
works perfectly!!!

Now, if I only had a minimal clue what macros really can do.......

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:58:47 GMT, Andy wrote:

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag the Custom Button (yellow smiley face) to your toolbar, right
click on it, assign macro (you have to have a worksheet open so the
assign macro dialog box comes up). Right clicking on the button while
the ToolsCustomize dialog box is open will also give you some other
options (like changing the smiley face).

Gregg

Hi, Gord --

I have created a SelfCert to validate my own macros in Word, Outlook
and Excel...but I get the same "This CA Root certificate is not trusted
because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store"

Can you tell me now to get my certificate into the Trusted Root foler?

I have tried over and over again to do the other steps you describe
below...

Many thanks, Gregg

authorities store.

wrote:

I followed Excel "help" and copy/pasted exactly what you wrote & it
works perfectly!!!

Now, if I only had a minimal clue what macros really can do.......

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:58:47 GMT, Andy wrote:

ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros

Drag the Custom Button (yellow smiley face) to your toolbar, right
click on it, assign macro (you have to have a worksheet open so

the
assign macro dialog box comes up). Right clicking on the button

while
the ToolsCustomize dialog box is open will also give you some

other
options (like changing the smiley face).

Gord Dibben

Gregg

KB Article on certificates, including SelfCert.

After you get the certificate created you can check its properties. It will
be "untrusted".

To make it into a Trusted Certificate you must open the Microsoft Management
Console(Windows XP) by StartRun "mmc"(no quotes).

FileAdd/Remove Snap-inCertificates.

Your new certificate will be under the Personal category.

Drag and drop it into the Trusted Certificates category. Ignore the alerts
and click Yes.

These selfcerts are machine-specific but can be used for multiple files.

Close out MMC and open Excel and your workbook.

Go to VB Editor and follow steps to sign the project.

Works for me on Windows XP SP2(as well as SP1)

Gord