phil6666

This sounds like just what I need, but don't know how to add a button
to the toolbar other than those that are already available with
TOOLSCUSTOMIZE.

Could you point me in the right direction in MS Help?

thnx

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 03:45:36 GMT, Andy wrote:

Using Excel 2002...

Is there any way to remove files from this list other than waiting for
them to be replaced over time?

This one removes the first file (the second line puts the maximum back
to 9 files, which seemed to be required if I deleted all the files in
the list). Change the (1) if you want to delete other than the most
recent file.

Sub DelMRU()
Application.RecentFiles(1).Delete
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 9
End Sub

This one puts the current file back on the list.

Sub AddCurFileToMRU()
Application.RecentFiles.Add Name:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

I have a button for each on my toolbar.