Jeremy via OfficeKB.com

Default Adding excluding zero

O.k. This may not make a whole lot of sense, but I am going to give it a shot.

I need a formula that will add two cells, but return a value of zero, if
either of the two cells themselves equal zero.

Here is the reason.

I have a queationnaire and a follow-up questionnaire with 7 questions and I
am trying to find the average difference for each question answered by each
individual and then find the total average difference , but I need to
exclude any questions that an individual did not answer the question on both
questionnaires because a value of zero on one questionnaires scews the
results.

Is this even possible? Or if anyone knows an easier way to do this it would
be appreciated.
Duke Carey

Let's say the 2 values are in cells A1 & A2. Use the array formula

=And(A1:A2<0)*(A1+A2)

Array formulas are entered by pressing Ctrl-Shift-enter, instead of Enter
alone