TK

Default Sort

I have created a chart in order to track individual results of a few teams.
This chart lists two different types of numberical goals and then their
actual result. I have already created a formula to display the difference
between their goal and actual result. Because I have this chart set up
listing names in a specific order, I dont want to sort ascending or
descending to visually show the ranking order. Is there a way to add another
column that would auto fill in a nbr listing their ranking order? For
example, by Tim's name, he would have a 1 because he had the largest
difference between his goal and actual result.
If not, do you have any suggestions on a different approach?
RagDyeR

You can use the Rank() function, accessing the column where you say you have
already created a formula to display the difference between the goal and the
result.

Say the names are in Column A, and the column displaying the differences is
Column D, try this in Column E:

=RANK(D2,$D$2:$D$50)

And copy down as needed.
--