Bruce

Default Calculate the CAGR

How can you calculate the CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate)?

Say I have 2 numbers and corresponding dates as follows;

1999 - $10000

2003 - $25000

How can I determine the compounded growth from just this information?

Bruce
mangesh_yadav

=(25000/10000)^(1/(2003-1999))-1
=25.74%

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

Duke Carey

It's the final number divided by the earlier number raised to the power of 1
over the number of annual periods. Subtract 1 from that result to get the
CAGR. In your case, assuming that both the amounts are beginning of period,
the formula would be

=25000/19000^(1/4) - 1

"Bruce" wrote in message
How can you calculate the CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate)?

Say I have 2 numbers and corresponding dates as follows;

1999 - $10000

2003 - $25000

How can I determine the compounded growth from just this information?

Bruce

Bruce

Thanks both of you. They both work. Is there an excel function to calc
compound rates? I remember coming across this some time ago but cannot seem
to find it in the help now...

"Bruce" wrote in message
How can you calculate the CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate)?

Say I have 2 numbers and corresponding dates as follows;

1999 - $10000

2003 - $25000

How can I determine the compounded growth from just this information?

Bruce

Niek Otten

=RATE(4,0,-10000,25000)

--