N Harkawat

Yes using RATE function you can get the CAGR as followis: -
=rate(4,0,-10000,25000)
=25.74%

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote in message
not that I know of. But RATE gives the rate for periodic payments.

Mangesh

"Bruce" wrote in message
Thanks both of you. They both work. Is there an excel function to calc
compound rates? I remember coming across this some time ago but cannot

seem
to find it in the help now...

"Duke Carey" wrote:

It's the final number divided by the earlier number raised to the power

of 1
over the number of annual periods. Subtract 1 from that result to get

the
CAGR. In your case, assuming that both the amounts are beginning of

period,
the formula would be

=25000/19000^(1/4) - 1

"Bruce" wrote in message
How can you calculate the CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate)?

Say I have 2 numbers and corresponding dates as follows;

1999 - $10000

2003 - $25000

How can I determine the compounded growth from just this information?

Bruce