Pootler

Default Wildcards in other workbook cell refrence?

Hello,

I am trying to reference a cell in a another workbook, for example

E:\CoreData\[C_SWAreaPerformanceData.may05.xls]PReports'!$F$31

This works fine, but I need to use something like a wild card as the
months change and I need the cell to read the current month. This is
what I have tried:

E:\CoreData\[C_SWAreaPerformanceData.*.xls]PReports'!$F$31

Excel does not like this, so is there another way of referencing the
cell?

Thanks

Pootler
Pootler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23977