Gil

Default How can I make a number e.g. "14" appear as a word e.g. "fourteen.

I have searched help and web help all day, so I guess it is not a program
feature, but since Word's paragraph numbering is able to do it, I think the
next version of Excel should be able to. In any event, I am wondering if
anyone has made VBA script or anything to accomplish this. Converting
numbers to their English text equivalent, i.e. "14" to "fourteen" or "38.75"
to "thirty-eight point seventy-five". I know the decimal thing may be
over-complicated thing to write but at least just integers would be useful.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:39:08 -0700, Gil wrote:

I have searched help and web help all day, so I guess it is not a program
feature, but since Word's paragraph numbering is able to do it, I think the
next version of Excel should be able to. In any event, I am wondering if
anyone has made VBA script or anything to accomplish this. Converting
numbers to their English text equivalent, i.e. "14" to "fourteen" or "38.75"
to "thirty-eight point seventy-five". I know the decimal thing may be
over-complicated thing to write but at least just integers would be useful.

Download and install Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll from
http://xcell05.free.fr/

Then:

=NBTEXT(38.75,,1,"point",,,,1)

will result in:

thirty-eight point seventy-five

Obviously, there are a number of arguments and the constants can be replaced by
cell references just like with other Excel functions; but it is a very flexible
function. And the add-in has many other functions, too.

--ron