Brad Delit

Default easy DSUM question

Hello

This is what I am trying to do?

I simply want to Excel to locate and sum all of the dollar amounts that
match numbers that I have on another tab. For instance!

On Tab A.

Column Heading's Location No. Grand Total
1225
$$$$.$$
1250
$$$$.$$

On Tab B.
Column Heading's Location No. Total
1000 25.00
1225
2000.00
1250
2500.00
1225
5874.00
1300
6000.00
1250
7851.00

For instance the column on Tab B has hundreds of location No.'s I simply
want to sum up all of the same location No.'s on Tab A, can you help me.

Thank you once again for your time.

JBoulton

Copy the heading from Tab B. to A1 on Tab A.
Enter the location #s you want to test in A3 - Ax
Enter the following formula in B2:
=DSUM(Tab B. data range,offset column (looks like it might be 2),A1:A2)

Then use datatable starting at A2.

Alternatively, do some research on SUMPRODUCT.
--
Jim

"Brad Delit" wrote:

[...]

Peo Sjoblom

Why not use SUMIF?

=SUMIF('Tab B'!$B$2:$B$200,1250,'Tab B'!$A$2:$A$200)

DSUM would look something like

=DSUM('Tab B'!A1:B200,"Column Heading's",'Tab A'!B1:B2)

where Column Headin's is the header for the amount column and 'Tab A'B1:B2 the
criteria from A with Location No. in B1 and number itself in B2

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom