Scott

Default Using data in cell for a formula

I would like to use data in a cell to return a value that is used to refer to
another spreadsheet. In other words, if I have the value Scott in Cell A3, I
would like the formula in B3 to use the value in A3 to get information in
another workbook that has the name Scott as a worksheet. I.e., the formula
in B3 will be ='F:\BUDGETS\[Time1.xls]Scott'!$J$31, where it is getting the
value in A3 to refer to the worksheet named Scott in the Workbook named
Time1.xls. If I change the Value in A3 to Bill, it should now return the
value that is in 'F:\BUDGETS\[Time1.xls]Bill'!$J$31.

Scott

Thanks.

I don't see how to make this work. I've never used the indirect function
before, so I may not be using it correctly (I can get the examples in the
help file to work, but they aren't any where near what I am looking to do).
If I use the formula ='F:\BUDGETS\[Time1.xls]Indirect(a3)'!$J$31, it asks me
to find the worksheet in Time1 called Indirect(a3). I've tried putting in
ampersands and some quotes, but don't seem to be making much progress. Any
help in how to write the formula?