NorbyAngell

Default Format from Access to Excel is busted...help...

I export a file from Access and go into Excel to manipulate the .xls
For some reason the fields are not numbers. I choose the formatting, and
manipulate it, but still it's not a recognized number. I hit the sigma for
AutoSum and even autosum does not recognize as numbers, and if I do a
=sum(range:range) I get 0.0000 in the format I chose for the column.

The only way to activate the number as a number is to click it in the value
bar, and it will show up in the auto sum. I have 48 tabs full of these
numbers, need help with it!

Thanks

Barb

Hi Norby
They're coming out of Access as text. The proper thing to do woud be to
change in Access from text to number, and run the queries again.
The only other thing you can do is to reformat them in Excel from text to
number. But this is a bit tricky. Once you have cell formatted as text, it's
dificult to reformat it back to number. I'm sure I've seen how to do it
somewhere in this forum, but I can't remember the formula to use.

I'll post it if I find it.

Barb

"NorbyAngell" wrote:

I export a file from Access and go into Excel to manipulate the .xls
For some reason the fields are not numbers. I choose the formatting, and
manipulate it, but still it's not a recognized number. I hit the sigma for
AutoSum and even autosum does not recognize as numbers, and if I do a
=sum(range:range) I get 0.0000 in the format I chose for the column.

The only way to activate the number as a number is to click it in the value
bar, and it will show up in the auto sum. I have 48 tabs full of these
numbers, need help with it!

Thanks

NorbyAngell

Peo,
ROCK ON! That was excellent and works quicker than my other solution of a
MACRO to select each cell.

Thanks,
NA