Gabriel Martin

Default Access -> Excel: How to export fields > 255 characters

Dear newsgroup

I have seen that there are a couple of similar threads in other newsgroups
and there are also some documents in the ms knowledgebase. Anyhow I would
like to know whether it is possible or not to export data from access fields
than 255 characters.

My problem is that I have a database containing some product information.
Now I have to deliver some of the data to an external marketing platform and
they are using excel sheets as standardized data exchange format. I need to
put a longer description into one cell in this excel sheet but I only can
store 255 characters. But if I continue to enter text manually, this works.

My question is:

How can I export data from Access to Excel if the contents of a database
filed are longer than 255 characters? I know that using a CSV-file for data
exchange would be smarter but I cannot change the situation.

Has anyone a good idea?
I'm looking forward to any useful input!

Kind regards
Gabriel

CyberTaz

Hello Gabriel-

Have you tried using DataImport External DataNew Database Query (wording
varies depending on version) to query the Access file directly? I'm not sure
this will solve the problem, but it will give you more efficiency than
dumping to a text file & importing it to Excel.

HTH |:)