Gabriel Martin

Default Access -> Excel: How to export fields > 255 characters

Dear newsgroup

I have seen that there are a couple of similar threads in other newsgroups
and there are also some documents in the ms knowledgebase. Anyhow I would
like to know whether it is possible or not to export data from access fields
than 255 characters.

My problem is that I have a database containing some product information.
Now I have to deliver some of the data to an external marketing platform and
they are using excel sheets as standardized data exchange format. I need to
put a longer description into one cell in this excel sheet but I only can
store 255 characters. But if I continue to enter text manually, this works.

My question is:

How can I export data from Access to Excel if the contents of a database
filed are longer than 255 characters? I know that using a CSV-file for data
exchange would be smarter but I cannot change the situation.

Has anyone a good idea?
I'm looking forward to any useful input!

Kind regards
Gabriel